Charlie says... this is what I now use on my gravel bike. I love the way both pads move (rather than one) and they are so easy to set up. Power and modulation (with the TRP compressionless cableset) is excellent. I really don't feel the need to spend more or go full hydro.
Includes Caliper, 160mm 6-Bolt rotor, relevant Flat Mount adapter and bolts necessary to fit.
The Spyre, a mechanical disc brake that offers superior performance with incredibly easy setup.
This is a dual piston actuated mechanical disc brake caliper which provides precise clamping force. This translates into even pad and rotor wear because the rotor does not need to flex to one side during braking. We added a simple cable barrel adjuster to make fine tuning easy. All of this in an incredibly thin 40mm, 146g package, that works with any drop bar levers on the market.
- Weight: 154g per caliper
- Dual sided actuation
- Works with ALL cable actuated road levers. Compressionless (linear strand) housing is highly recommended
- Comes with TRP ultra-grippy semi-metallic pads (160mm)
- Calipers are compatible with Shimano M525/M515 pads
- 160mm rotors recommended on front wheel
- 160mm 6-Bolt rotor and rotor bolts included
- Flat Mount adapters to use 160mm rotors included and fitted.
- Front comes with short 13mm mounting bolts, Rear comes with long 42mm mounting bolts.