We always try and give you same-day dispatch on all orders for in-stock items that we receive before 3pm Monday-Friday.
However, sometimes things will take a little longer:
- Custom wheel/bike builds, these can take a week or more. We have to source all the parts for you and then lovingly build your new bikes. Our wheel builder typically turns wheels around within a few days.
- Frames and complete bikes. We do keep stock here, but can’t possibly cover every option. Take the Surly Long Haul Trucker, a great touring bike... 10 frames sizes, 2 colours, disc or canti brakes, 26” or 700c wheels, frame or complete bike... that is well over 100 variations. But this does allow us to offer you the full range of the cool bikes we sell.
- You may have items on your order that are currently not in stock. If this is the case we will contact you and let you know the situation. When this happens we normally despatch within a few days.
Occasionally the system can miscalculate postage. If you are overcharged we can refund you for any additional postage charges. If you are significantly undercharged, we reserve the right to cancel the sale. In this situation we would contact you and request the postage due. The islands and highlands are a good example of this. Sometimes its costs no more than regular post, sometimes its very expensive.
VAT on postage: Postage charges for postage only, no charge for packaging, therefore no VAT is charged on postage costs..
24hr UPS / Parcel Force is a weekday service. if you require a Saturday delivery, please call us.
Before you contact us, please check with your housemates etc, this solves the problem in most cases "My girlfriend tidied it away".
ALL LOST ITEMS MUST BE REPORTED TO US WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THE SALE. This allows us a short period of time to claim from the courier/Royal Mail. Beyond this we are unable to claim for the loss.
- You must contact us before you make a return, as we need to approve a return first.
- Goods must be returned within 30 days of receipt.
- Beyond 30 days we charge a restocking fee of 20%, with a minimum fee of £5.00.
- Goods must be in original packaging.
- Goods must not be fitted or used.
- We are not responsible for damage or loss in the return post.
- When we source components especially for you, custom build wheels, components or a bike, it is built and/or sourced specifically for you, and to your exact specification. This means that we are not obliged to accept back special orders, custom built items for a refund or exchange. However if we do agree to accept them back we may charge a restocking fee or up to 20% to cover costs incurred (eg... card handling, postage and restocking fees charged to us by our suppliers)
- Do not contact the manufacturer or importer directly, we will look after you, and that is our job, not theirs.
Special orders: when we source components especially for you (such as pre-orders, odd sizes, custom builds), and you wish to cancel. We are unable to cancel/return deposits once we have committed to the products.
Workshop Collection Policy (inc assembly of new bikes)
- Cycles left with us for more than 7 days (without prior consent, beyond the bike being ready to collect) can incur a storage fee of £2 per day.
- If the accumulated storage fee exceeds the used market value of the cycle we have the right to sell the cycle to cover your bill.
- OR after 6 months we will sell the bike to recover out costs.
- We do this because we can run out of storage space and have to turn work away.
- We will make several efforts to contact you.
Alternative customer service from Surly.... http://surlybikes.com/blog/post/surly_customer_service