Bikemonger says....... For 2020 the Krampus gets a 12 speed transmission and a brace of funky new colours
Surly says...... As the first “plus” bike to hit the market, Krampus changed the way many people approach trail riding. It’s shown people the light of how high volume, large diameter tires can vastly improve the ride experience. It’s also done a bang-up job dispelling the myth that big tires make you slow.
Krampus is kind of like the opposite of a mullet: long in the front and short in the rear. With a long top tube and compact chainstays, it takes trail-shredding abilities to the next level. A mullet may be business in the front, party in the back but Krampus makes partying its business.
"Lean back, hang on, and ride that wild horse." -Thor
- Modern trail standards: dropper post compatibility, 44mm headtube
- Gnot-Boost rear spacing, thru-axles, suspension corrected fork
- Compatibility with most mountain bike standards makes it the perfect parts bin bike (no rim brakes allowed though)
- Clearance for 29" x 3" tires
(Note that this is a UK specific spec and differs from the US one on the Surly website)
- Frame: Surly 4130 Cro-Moly Steel
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly
- Handlebar: Gusset Slade No Rise
- Stem: Gusset Staff
- Saddle: Genetic STV
- Seatpost: Gusset Lofty
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX
- Gear Lever: SRAM SX
- Chain: SRAM PC-1130
- Crankset: SRAM SX 34T
- Cassette: SRAM Eagle 12 speed 11-50t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB
- Brake Levers: SRAM Level
- Brakes: SRAM Level PR
- Wheels: Halo Vapour 50 29"
- Tyres: Surly Dirt Wizard 29" x 3.00"