Bikemonger says...... Newly updated, our favourite touring frame is better than ever. 12mm thru axles and tweaks to the geometry give a stiffer more stable ride and more upright riding postion. Surly's usual plethora of mounting points now include three pack mounts on the forks, dynamo cable routing and flat mounts for the brake calipers
Surly says...... Disc Trucker enjoys the same reputation as Long Haul Trucker: It’s one of the best-riding and most value-packed drop bar touring bikes out there. Sometimes, however, a combination of load, climate, and terrain demands a bit more braking performance than a standard rim-brake LHT can provide.
That’s where the newly redesigned Disc Trucker comes in. Packing reliable stopping power and a horde of useful mounting points, shortened chainstays up the Disc Trucker’s stiffness and maneuverability around corners. Add in improved fit and handling under load, plus captured thru-axles for tool-free removal and installation, and the Disc Trucker is ready to help you meet — or dodge — your daily obligations.
- Dynamo routing on the fork, plus three-pack mounts on the blade and every braze-on you’ll ever need for racks, fenders, water bottle cages, and more
- 12mm thru-axles for a stiffer feel and increased stability when fully loaded
- Shortened seat tube and slightly sloped top tube for improved stand-over clearance, plus increased stack height for a more upright and comfortable riding position on those long hauls
- Flat mounts for disc brakes
- Clearance for 26” x 2.1” tires with or without fenders, or 700c x 47mm with or without fenders