Charlie says... "Turns out beer bottle caps make great bar end caps"
These use an elastomer expander to grip inside the handlebars. The advantages being: -
- They will not come out by hand, tree or rock.
- They fit all handlebars with an inner diameter of 17mm upwards
To recapture: -
- This one involves beer and cycling
- Stick these 'draught' plugs into your handlebars. Tighten them up! Now drink! Have a beer! Then have another! Recycle the bottles! Then stick the tops on the Bar Tabs!! Jobs a good'un!
- When too many trees have jumped out in front of you and scratched the tops to death simply change them for another pair.
- For all those sceptics out there, the Bar Tab is wider than the bottle top (30mm) so simply apply a bit of common sense when fitting them and you won't shred your hands!
- These use a black nylon end cap (to fit your bottle tops on), an elastomer expander, and stainless fasteners.
- A 3mm allen key is used to fit the plugs (included).
Finally a use for all my Ale tops. Easy to fit and look really good, I change the caps frequently and haven't worn them out yet.
Nice work Charlie.