Precisely machined cassette spacer to provide more space between derailleur and spokes. This is the best $20 you can spend on a CX bike for added drive train durability. Comes with larger 12T lockring. Available with or without titanium sprocket upgrade. Check below for compatibility.
CASSETTE IS NOT INCLUDED. This kit includes the spacer and lockring,
Our cyclocross cassette system is easily the least expensive and most effective method to provide extra protection to your drivetrain from the mud. We simply allow you to remove the 11T cog from your cassette (you really don’t need it unless you are running a 1X) and replace it with a custom machined spacer behind your largest cog. The result is a more resilient, lighter, less complicated setup with extra space between your derailleur and spokes and also room for your chain to drop without gouging your spokes should it come off.
Basically, less days like this: View Photos of Derailleur Failures
- Custom machined cassette spacers designed specifically for purpose. 10 and 11 speed versions available.
- 10 Speed Version compatible with Shimano 5700 and 6700 Cassettes.
- 11 Speed version compatible with Shimano 5800 and 6800 Cassettes.
- Includes aluminum lockring to accommodate either 12T or 13T.
- Titanium options includes replacement 3 ring spider with titanium cogs: 10 Speed – 21-24-27T, 11 Speed – 23-25-28
- 5700 standard cassette 11-28 = 250g
- 6700 standard cassette 11-28 = 234g
- 5700 with HOUP = 237g
- 6700 with HOUP = 229g
- 5700 with HOUP Ti = 195g
- 6700 with HOUP Ti = 192g
- for reference a Dura Ace 7900 10 Speed cassette is 188g
(105 cassette plus HOUP Ti just 7g off – but affordable!)
Will work with the following cassettes:
- Shimano 5700
- Shimano 5800
- Shimano 6700
- Shimano 6800
HOUP = Halo Of Ultimate Protection